Download my Curriculum Vitae for a complete list.
- DuPont, Quinn. Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains. Digital Media and Society. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press, 2019. https://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9781509520237&subject_id=3
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (13)
- DuPont, Quinn. “Guiding Principles for Ethical Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and DLT Research.” Cryptoeconomic Systems Journal, 1(1). https://cryptoeconomicsystems.pubpub.org/pub/dupont-ethical-principles/release/13
- Bernards, Nick, Campbell-Verduyn, Malcolm, Rodima-Taylor, Daivi, Dimmelmeier, Andreas, Duberry, Jérôme, Dupont, Quinn, Hütten, Moritz, Mahrenbach, Laura, Porter, Tony, Reinsberg, Bernhard (2020). “Interrogating Technology-Led Experiments in Sustainability Governance.” Global Policy. https://doi.org/10.1111/1758-5899.12826
- Finn, Megan and Quinn DuPont. “From Closed World Discourse to Digital Utopianism: The Changing Face of Responsible Computing at Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (1981-1992).” Internet Histories, 4(1). https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24701475.2020.1725851
- DuPont, Quinn. “The Cryptological Origins of Machine Translation, from al-Kindi to Weaver.” Amodern, 8 (2018). http://amodern.net/article/cryptological-origins-machine-translation/
- Pedersen, Isabel, and Quinn DuPont. “Tracking the Telepathic Sublime as a Phenomenon in a Digital Humanities Archive.” Digital Humanities Quarterly, 11, no. 4 (2017). http://digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/11/4/000344/000344.html
- DuPont, Quinn. “Blockchain identities: Notational technologies for control and management of abstracted entities” Metaphilosophy, 48, no. 5 (2017): 634-653. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/meta.12267/full (self-archived copy).
- DuPont, Quinn, and Bradley Fidler. “Edge Cryptography and the Co-Development of Computer Networks and Cybersecurity.” IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, 38, no. 4 (2016): 55-73. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7763734/ (free/open access). [equal author contributions]
- DuPont, Quinn, and Alana Cattapan. “Moving Forward, Looking Back: Taking Canadian Feminist Histories Online.” Atlantis: Critical Studies in Gender, Culture, and Social Justice, 37, no. 2 (2016): 225-237. http://journals.msvu.ca/index.php/atlantis/article/view/225-237%20PDF (self-archived copy). [equal author contributions]
- DuPont, Quinn, and Yuri Takhteyev. “Ordering Space: Alternative Views of ICT and Geography.” First Monday 21, no. 8 (July 23, 2016). http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/6724.
- DuPont, Quinn. “The Politics of Cryptography: Bitcoin and the Ordering Machines.” The Journal of Peer Production 1, no. 4 (2014). http://peerproduction.net/issues/issue-4-value-and-currency/peer-reviewed-articles/the-politics-of-cryptography-bitcoin-and-the-ordering-machines.
- DuPont, Quinn. “Unlocking the Digital Crypt: Exploring a Framework for Cryptographic Reading and Writing.” Scholarly and Research Communication 5, no. 2 (2014): 1–7. http://src-online.ca/index.php/src/article/view/157.
- Takhteyev, Yuri, and Quinn DuPont. “Retrocomputing as Preservation and Remix.” Library Hi Tech 31, no. 2 (2013): 355–70. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/07378831311329103.
- DuPont, Quinn. “Cracking the Agrippa Code: Creativity Without Destruction.” Scholarly and Research Communication 4, no. 13 (2013): 1–8. http://src-online.ca/index.php/src/article/view/126/240.
Book Chapters (5)
- Darra Hofman, Quinn DuPont, Angela Walch, and Ivan Beschastnikh (2021). “Blockchain Governance: De Facto (x)or Designed?” In V. Lemieux & C. Feng (Eds.), Building Decentralized Trust. New York, NY: Springer. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030544133
- DuPont, Quinn. “Cryptographic Media.” In Second International Handbook of Internet Research edited by Hunsinger, Jeremy, Klastrup, Lisbeth, Allen, Matthew M. Springer: Netherlands, 2018. (Open-access version) https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-024-1202-4_34-1
- DuPont, Quinn. “The Printing Press and Cryptography: Alberti and the Dawn of a Notational Epoch.” In A Material History of Medieval and Early Modern Ciphers: Cryptography and the History of Literacy edited by Katherine Ellison and Susan Kim. Material Readings in Early Modern Culture. New York: Routledge, 2017. https://www.routledge.com (self-archived copy).
- DuPont, Quinn. “Experiments in Algorithmic Governance: An ethnography of “The DAO,” a failed Decentralized Autonomous Organization.” In Bitcoin and Beyond: The Challenges and Opportunities of Blockchains for Global Governance, edited by Malcolm Campbell-Verduyn. Routledge 2017 (open access; self-archived copy).
- DuPont, Quinn. “Otherness and Order.” In Andrés Ramírez Gaviria: A Line, However Short, Has An Infinite Number Of Points. Barcelona: Triton, 2016. http://www.andresramirezgaviria.info/dupont.
Journal Special Issues (1)
- Philosophy and Technology special issue on “Financial Technologies” guest co-editor (with Mark Coeckelbergh and Wessel Reijers), 2017.
- Introduction: “Towards a Philosophy of Financial Technologies,” https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13347-017-0261-7.
Book Reviews (4)
- DuPont, Quinn. “[Review] Golumbia, David, The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism.” Journal of Cultural Economy, 2017. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17530350.2017.1322997
- DuPont, Quinn. “[Review] Ekman, Bolter, et al. (eds). Ubiquitous Computing, Complexity and Culture.” Boundary 2 Online, February 8, 2017.https://www.boundary2.org/2017/02/ubiquitous-computing-intermittent-critique/
- DuPont, Quinn. “[Review] Soll, Jacob, The Reckoning: Financial Accountability and the Rise and Fall of Nations.” Journal of Cultural Economy, September 22, 2015. http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/3gkjbd7ReasuIIYADpzJ/full.
- DuPont, Quinn. “[Review] Philip P. Arnold, (Ed.), Traditions of Systems Theory: Major Figures and Contemporary Developments.” Philosophy in Review 34, no. 5 (2014): 199–201. https://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/pir/article/view/13186/4139.