Quinn DuPont is an Assistant Professor in the School of Business at University College Dublin. He has a PhD in Information Science from University of Toronto and was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Washington.
He is the author of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains (Polity), Associate Editor Frontiers in Blockchains, Education Chair IEEE Blockchain Initiative, Research Fellow at University College London’s Center for Blockchain Technologies, Founder and Editor in Chief Blockchain Research Network, Affiliate of The Future of Money Research Collaborative, Member of UCD’s Center for Innovation, Technology and Organisation (CITO), and Member of UCD’s Center for Digital Policy. Previously, he held visiting research positions at Leuphana University and the University of Victoria and was a Senior Information Specialist at IBM.
Research areas: cybersecurity policy and risk management, professional and technology ethics, digital innovation and governance, decentralized autonomous organizations, blockchains and cryptocurrencies
DuPont, Quinn. 2021 “Guiding Principles for Ethical Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and DLT Research.” Cryptoeconomic Systems Journal, 1(1). https://cryptoeconomicsystems.pubpub.org
Finn, Megan and Quinn DuPont. 2020 “From Closed World Discourse to Digital Utopianism: The Changing Face of Responsible Computing at Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (1981-1992).” Internet Histories, 4(1). https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24701475.2020.1725851
Recent & Upcoming Lectures
- IEEE Healthcare: Blockchain & AI (April 1, 2021)
- Practice Theory of Institutions (Oxford, September 1-2, 2020)
- Ivey Lecture Series (London, ON, February 14, 2020)
- MIT Cryptoeconomic Systems ‘20 (Boston, March 7-8, 2020)
- Exploring Technology-Led Private Experiments in ESG and Sustainable Governance (Birmingham, December 11, 2019)
- Tokens: The Athenian Legacy to Modern World (Athens, December 16 – 17, 2019)
Full list available on my research page.