Update: I’m creating a DAO called Alumni to onboard university credentials for web3 identities (blockchain) and to decentralize education. Contact me for partnership, investment, and for more information.
Before launching Alumni, Quinn DuPont was an Assistant Professor in the School of Business at University College Dublin. He has a PhD in Information Science from University of Toronto and was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Washington. Since 2014, he has been an active contributor to ‘crypto’ research and public policy, advised next-gen organizations (DAOs), and founded Crypto Research Consulting.
He is the author of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains (Polity) (and other academic publications), Associate Editor Frontiers in Blockchains, Education Chair IEEE Blockchain Initiative and IEEE TEMS, Research Fellow at University College London’s Center for Blockchain Technologies, and Affiliate of The Future of Money Research Collaborative. Previously, he held visiting research positions at Leuphana University and the University of Victoria and was a Senior Information Specialist at IBM.
Research areas: decentralized governance, cryptoeconomics, decentralized systems (blockchain and crypto), computer security policy and risk management, technology ethics, philosophy of computing
Shilton, Katie, Finn, Megan, and Quinn DuPont (2021). “Computing Ethics: Shaping Ethical Computer Cultures” Communications of the ACM. 64(11).
DuPont, Quinn (2022). “Bitcoin.” In T. Bosch. (Ed.), The Lines of Code that Changed Everything. Princeton: Princeton University Press [In press].
Wessel Reijers and Quinn DuPont (2021). “Prolegomenon to contemporary ethics of Machine Translation.” In H. Moniz and C. Escartin. (Eds.), Ethical and Legal considerations in Machine Translation. New York: Springer Nature, Machine Translation: Technologies and Applications Series [In press].
DuPont, Quinn. 2021 “Guiding Principles for Ethical Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and DLT Research.” Cryptoeconomic Systems Journal, 1(1). https://cryptoeconomicsystems.pubpub.org
Finn, Megan and Quinn DuPont. 2020 “From Closed World Discourse to Digital Utopianism: The Changing Face of Responsible Computing at Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (1981-1992).” Internet Histories, 4(1). https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/24701475.2020.1725851
Recent & Upcoming Public Lectures
- “Dance Notation: Grammars for Understanding and Controlling the Body,” Digital Matters, December 1-3, 2021, Seigen, Germany
- “Blockchain and EdTech,” IEEE Blockchain Groups – Americas Virtual Event, October 21.
- “Demand and Supply of Blockchain Skills,” Economic and Social Research Institute and Digital Futures at Work Research Centre, August 9, 2021, Sussex, UK.
- “Expert Meeting on Blockchain,” US Government Accountability Office (GAO) workshop, July 14-15, 2021, Washington, DC.
- Digital Identity and the Financial Services Sector (Blockchain Ireland Week 2021, May 26, 2021)
- IEEE Healthcare: Blockchain & AI (April 1, 2021)
Full list available.