Quinn DuPont is an Assistant Professor in the School of Business at University College Dublin. He has a PhD in Information Science (Toronto) and was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Washington. He is the author of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains (Polity), Founder and Editor in Chief of the Blockchain Research Network, Associate Editor of Frontiers in Blockchains, Education Chair of IEEE Blockchain Initiative, and Research Fellow at University College London’s Center for Blockchain Technologies. Previously, he was a Senior Information Specialist at IBM.
Research areas: cybersecurity policy and risk management, information ethics, digital innovation and governance, blockchains and cryptocurrencies
His next book is an analysis of The Encrypted Information Society.
Recent & Upcoming Lectures
- Digital Citizenship (Berlin, November 10, 2019)
- Exploring Technology-Led Private Experiments in ESG and Sustainable Governance (Birmingham, December 11, 2019)
- Tokens: The Athenian Legacy to Modern World (Athens, December 16 – 17, 2019)
- Ivey Lecture Series (London, ON, February 14, 2020)
- Crypto Seminar (Oxford, September 1-2, 2020)
- Cryptoeconomic Systems: Field Building Summit (Boston, October 5-6, 2019)
- Digital Summit (Dublin, September 20, 2019)
- Microsoft-UCD Digital Policy Workshop (Dublin, May 30, 2019)
- Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies International Research Roundtable, (Vancouver, June 10 – 12, 2019)
- RESAW19 “The Web That Was” (Amsterdam, June 19 – 21, 2019)
- ACM SIGSCE (Minneapolis, Feb 27 – Mar 2, 2019)
Full list available on my CV.