cybersecurity policy and risk management, information ethics, digital innovation and governance, blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
Quinn DuPont is an Assistant Professor in the School of Business at University College Dublin. He has a PhD in Information Science (Toronto) and was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Washington. He is the author of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains (Polity), Founder and Editor in Chief of the Blockchain Research Network, Associate Editor of Frontiers in Blockchains, Education Chair of IEEE Blockchain Initiative, and Research Fellow at University College London’s Center for Blockchain Technologies. Previously, he was a Senior Information Specialist at IBM.
Recent & Upcoming Lectures
- Microsoft-UCD Digital Policy Workshop (Dublin, May 30, 2019)
- Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies International Research Roundtable, (Vancouver, June 10 – 12, 2019)
- RESAW19 “The Web That Was” (Amsterdam, June 19 – 21, 2019)
- “Tokens: The Athenian Legacy to Modern World” (Athens, Dec 16 – 17, 2019)
- ACM SIGSCE (Minneapolis, Feb 27 – Mar 2, 2019)
- Committee on Science, Technology, and Law, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (Washington, October 9-10)
- COALA & Decentralized Web (San Francisco, July 30-Aug 2)
- George Mason University, “Organizational Science and Cybersecurity” workshop (Fairfax, VA, July 14-15)
- International Communications Association, “Hacking Culture and the Emergence of Responsible Computer Security Research” (Prague, May 24-28)
- University of Chicago; History, Philosophy, and Sociology of Science Workshop, “Origins of the Encrypted Information Society (1945-2013)” (Chicago, May 18)